Name: Dimitri Zogg, YES-Europe (Young leaders in Energy and Sustainability)
Address: 81 Boulevard Carl-Vogt, 1205 Genève SWITZERLAND
Website address: yeseurope.org
Types of Information Collected and Stored
YES-Europe collects and processes the following types of information:
- Personal identifiers, name and surname of the person
- Contact details, e-mail address and LinkedIn profile
- Characteristics, such as educational and professional background
- Country of origin and country of residence
How Information Gets Collected
Part of the personal information collected, processed and stored by YES-Europe is provided to it directly by you, in the process of filling in the appropriate form of interest and/or registration.
Reasons Why the Information Gets Collected
The personal information collected, processed and stored by YES-Europe, is collected for one or more of the following reasons:
- To include new members interested to participate and act within the YES-Europe’s activity areas
- To expand the network to new partners
- To expand the network in further European countries
- To guide young students and professionals towards finding the proper ways of staying active at the local and European level, in accordance with their interests in the field of energy and sustainability.
Data Protection Principles
YES-Europe is committed to processing data in accordance with its responsibilities under the Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
More, specifically, according to Article 5 of the GDPR is required that personal data shall be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals;
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes;
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay;
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by the GDPR in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of individuals; and
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.”
Further, under the GDPR, the lawful bases YES-Europe relies on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting (we need to set an e-mail regarding this process)
- The collection, storage and process of data to happen according to the respective regulation.
- The collection and process of such data are of vital importance for the organisation to meet its objectives.
- The collection, storage and process of data to happen in way legitimate and proportionate to the organisation’s objectives.
How YES-Europe Uses the Information Collected and Stored
YES-Europe uses the information provided to it in order to:
Examine how many people – mostly young students and professionals – are interested to actively participate in the sector of energy and sustainability, whether as individuals or as parts of local communities, across Europe.
Further connect those individuals mentioned above to organisations, companies and communities in both local and European level and help them get further engaged.
- To these causes, YES-Europe may share the information collected and stored with already existing organisations, companies and communities that are connected to it in the framework of partnerships or collaboration.
How YES-Europe Stores Information
The information provided to YES-Europe is securely stored in Infomaniak.
YES-Europe keeps this information for as long as the data subjects participate in its activities, plus one year after they cease to, considering this as the time period absolutely necessary for the organisation to fulfil its objectives.
YES-Europe will after the completion of the above mentioned time period, dispose of the information provided to it.
Under the GDPR, you, as data subjects, have the following rights:
Right of access – You have the right to ask YES-Europe for copies of your personal information.
Right to rectification – You have the right to ask YES-Europe to rectify information you think is inaccurate or to also ask YES-Europe to complete information you think is incomplete.
Right to erasure – You have the right to ask YES-Europe to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask YES-Europe to restrict the processing of your information, in certain circumstances.
Right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data by YES-Europe, in certain circumstances.
Right to data portability – You have the right to ask that YES-Europe transfers the information you provided to it, to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights, as mentioned above.
If you make a request, YES-Europe has to respond to it, within one month from the date your request was submitted.
Please contact YES-Europe at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
You can also complain to the appropriate authority if you are unhappy with how YES-Europe has used your data.
The authority’s address:
Federal Statistical Office FSO UID, Espace de l’Europe 10, CH-2010 Neuchatel SWITZERLAND